Here are some real-life places on which the fictional places of the Dadirri Series are based.
- The fictional town of Nanima is rural Wellington, N.S.W., Australia.
- The main female character has adopted the Aboriginal name of Maliyan, the Wiradjuri name for wedge-tailed eagle (totem for the Binjang mob of Wellington).
- Fictional Luna Tiks cafe (Four Cats) is across the road from the empty, pink dance school.
- Cathedral Cave (Wellington Caves) is where Maliyan meets the spirit of Wandaang, who wants his ancestor’s bones back.
- The tiny fictional town of Yan Yan Gurt (where Maliyan’s ancestors come from) is Stuart Town.
- Historic Stuart Town cemetery is the Yan Yan Gurt cemetery where Maliyan senses her ancestor’s spirits.
- The mystic artist character, Euroka, gets his name from a family property in the area.
You must be logged in to post a comment.